Food has always been a passion of mine. Please join me as I hit spots around the world in search of great meals.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Random Food Pictures From The City

Here are some random pictures from the city and the food you can get here. I will write up a little something-something about each place and food.

IMG_1173

I've written about these little guys before. They are filled with custard and they are just the greatest fatning thing ever. .Beard Papa's is the name of the place and it is run by Japanese folks. They have started to pop up all over the city and they are well worth the $1.65 they cost.

Here is Pinky showing you how good they are.

IMG_1176

IMG_1167

The following picture is from a birthday party that I went to with Beto. This is the cake that was a double chocolate. It was so damn heavy but it was delicious. The beer that I was drinking before didn't help to make the cake any lighter.

IMG_0549

IMG_0548

IMG_0016

The above pictures are of a little French Bistro that Pinky and I love to go to by the name, Le Pain Quotidien. They have these locations all over the city now, but we really like the one on 72nd because we can and tend to roam and get Pinky's nails and done and such.

IMG_0537

IMG_0535

IMG_0541

IMG_0538

These pictures are of Pink and my trip to Jacques Torres chocolate factoy in SOHO. Serious, this guy is the guy from the cooking channel and he wanted to open up a realy chocolate factory in New York. They do it all here from grinding down the coca beans and all. It is really a neat place and if you ever have the chance you should make a stop by.

IMG_1013

IMG_1012

IMG_0991

IMG_0990

IMG_0501

What would my little food blog be without some Indian food. Of course the first four pictures are because of Pinky, but the last one was my doing.

The first two pictures are of snacks at a wedding for one of Pinky's friend. This was an Indian/Korean wedding which was odd. In any case, the top two were some traditional snack that is served and even Pinky was surprised to find such an old school authentic dish...twas good I must say.

The following two are food that we had ordered out. We tend to go to this Punjab place but I think Pinky has had enough of the place, but I'm always quick to press the agenda on it.

The last picture is of Koti Roll in the Village. This place is good and these tortilla looking like rolls have Indian filling in them and they are delicious. They are rather heavy and one is enough for a full meal, but as you can see...I had two of them.

IMG_0469

IMG_0665

These last two pcitures are of food I had with John "The General" Lee. The first picture is of skirt steak at Dos Caminos. I like this place but I do feel that it is a bit pricey for Mexican. The second picture is some food we picked up on the upper east side...I forget the name of the place but we weren't too impressed no matter how good it looks. But what we did find good was the decor of the place, it was like a 1970's strip club.

O.K. I will probably start to post more again now that my life has gotten a bit more relaxed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek McG said...

i'm so hungry right now!

7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home