Food has always been a passion of mine. Please join me as I hit spots around the world in search of great meals.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Holiday Food

It has been a while since I have posted here. I tend just to place pictures on this blog for your eyes. And to be honest, I see no reason to stop that trend. With that being said, I present you with some pictures.



Some noodles that I was making. You don't see the slices of pork or egg that I like to put into these noodles. You have to spice the noodles up a bit. Oh, and hot sauce is a must.



Spanish Salami and Spanish Cheese. This is just a good little snack that I enjoy making when I'm not too hungry but hungry.



Korean dinner last week.



Eggs Benedict. I got these from a little French Bistro down in NoLita. Good grub and they serve fritters with them.



This little Sushi joint that Uncle Joe enjoys visiting. He brought me here as my going away meal.



I got to eat some Menudo when I was in Cambria. It was a tasty plate that I had for a late lunch. Then I went and tried to eat dinner and that didn't go so well...was still very full from the Menudo.



Oh, this was another meal over in Cambria: Crab Benedict.



One morning I cooked some Chorizo and Eggs for Uncle Joe. I made him some burritos de Chorizo while he read his paper and drank coffee. Uncle Joe now wears reading glasses and yells at the paper and the stupid things people do. Yes, he is getting old...haha!



This is just another breakfast at Casa de Elias y Rosie (those are my folks). Good stuff I tell you.



Tamales.



The spread.



The Rooster masando for his Mommy who gets tired doing this job. On that note, I love cooking with my Mom and Dad. It is when I feel really close to them and they watch over me and instruct me what to do and what not to do. My Mother tends to be a little more free spirited when cooking. My father tends to run a tighter ship when it comes to procedure.



This is the carne for the tamales. This recipe has been passed down for four generations of my family. I'm sure my sister's daughter will get it passed to her. But on this day it was The Rooster who was running the show. Holla!



Another special from Case De Elias y Rosie. Breakfast rocks at my folks place.



This is my Dad's famous recipe. I just continue to pester him until he lets me help. He's really particular about the meat being cooked just right and when to add the chile.



My Dad wasn't satisfied with the Chile so I had to boil some on the quick for him.



The Rooster's famous chilaquiles. Nuff said.



Beans...why? Because Beaners eat Beans...haha! I always loved that line.



The Rooster is making it law that everyone have one of these. You can make Nachos at all hours with this thing. I loved it. I'm not sure why my mother purchased it...but this machine was amazing.

3 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Rooster food and mommy apron string blog.. Love it..

9:40 AM

 
Blogger UndergroundCritic said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:43 PM

 
Blogger UndergroundCritic said...

dude, u should move to London and open up a Mexican restaurant. call it Rooster's

3:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home