Food has always been a passion of mine. Please join me as I hit spots around the world in search of great meals.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Food From Back Home

There are so many stories behind these pictures it would take me like three days to type up. But I'm going to try my best even if a few of these pictures are out of order.



Just a few ribs that I threw on the grill. Nothing too over the top.





This is just how I make my home made salsa. Actually, I took the reciepe from my Mom. I made this Salsa for John "THE GENERAL" Lee's Bash




This Pozole that my cousin Stella made was yummy! I guess Pozole is like a Mexican stew and can be made a with a variety of meats.





Of course my folks put me to grill in the back yard. Nothing too fancy...just something quick to feed the family until dinner.












This is just a little barbecue we did back home on my visit. I mean this is nothing big at all. Just another walk in the park for our family.




Taylor's hot dogs. You haven't really lived until you've tasted one of these. Serious, when I think of a few meals I would like to have before I die...well Taylor's would have to be up there.



Just a quick taco from El Palomar. You can get these all over my home town. Here in NYC we get pizza on every corner, but back home there are taco shops on every corner and I love it!!!!



The classic Mexican breakfast. We incorporate a few American aspects into our breakfast...but take not of the salsa on everything. Yummy!!



Last but not least. I saw these little packets and I wanted to steal them and bring them back to NYC with me. If anyone knows were I can get these in NYC please let me know. I just thought they were dope and good to have for lunch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek McG said...

jeez . . . nice BBQ. Looks like a shitload of food! So jealous!!!!

11:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home