Food has always been a passion of mine. Please join me as I hit spots around the world in search of great meals.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

KUMA INN

I had the chance to visit Kuma Inn again this past week with Jenn. What can I say, I was very disappointed by the food. Where I tend to label their food as delicious and filling; I left feeling empty. Not so much because the food didn't fill me up but because half of our plates were average and one we had to send back.

Not that I mind sitting and waiting for a table because sometimes that happens. At Kuma they did take good care of us and pour us our wine (BYOB at Kuma)and bring us a vegetarian spring roll while we waited. But the wait was about 40 minutes which I found to be a bit long. Lucky for me Jenn was a champ and wasn't in a rush either...so we just chatted and waited patiently.

In any case, like I said, I'm a huge fan of Kuma Inn but I think this is the last time I will be visiting for a long time. The service is great and extra friendly and makes me feel as if I'm at home. Yet, the food lacked so greatly this time around. Sad. I could tell the host was even sad that we didn't have a knock-out time this time around. So much so I presented the staff with a high-end Sake. I tend to do that at places I enjoy...serious, the staff works hard to make our food and time at their place enjoyable. Like I said, very sad at the outcome of this meal. Yet, feel free to give it a try on your own.

In closing, thought I would give you some pictures anyways. A bit dark due to being taken with my cell phone.



These were pork buns that I enjoyed very much.



Pan Roasted Ocean Scallops With Bacon, Kalamansi And Sake



Vegetarian Summer Rolls with thai basil, daikon, carrots and chayote



Sautéed Chinese Sausage. This by far was the best plate of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home