Food has always been a passion of mine. Please join me as I hit spots around the world in search of great meals.

Monday, April 07, 2008

It has been a while

It has been a while since I visited and wrote in my food blog. All I can say is that there have been computer problems and life just passes by. But I have decided to get back on the food blog and with that you can see a new banner. The photo in this banner was taken by our very own "Betty Underground" who I have become a fan of over the last two years. Wow...has it been two years? In any case, you can check out her photos HERE and you will see how talented Betty is.

Moving on. I figured that I would post some random pictures of food that I took with my camera phone. I hope you enjoy!



This is some of the beer that resides in The Rooster's fridge at this time. Nothing too exciting. What is exciting is that I do have about 20 different beers in the fridge at this time. I think it is time for a party.


This is working man's food from the Blarney Stone. These are bars that are sprinkled all through the city and the construction guys come in during lunch and grab a bite and a beer. I love this place for it reminds me of home so much. This was pulled-pork with mash and mac. I was surprised that the pulled-pork was so moist and rich in flavor.


I went to this small Asian Noodle place down on Eldridge that John "The General" Lee has pointed me to. Good stuff at at the price that noodles are suppose to be at: 4:50. I'm really sick of these places in the city that are charging 10.00 to 15.00 dollars for a bowl of noodles.


There is a little hole in the wall on 9th Street where I go this Japanese food from. It is located right next to Decibel Sake Bar which is a sake Bar that Jenn directed me to. In any case, there is always a line at this place when I walk by so I figured I would try a plate. This place is Tiny and if you blink you might miss it. Thus, I suggest you keep your eyes open and hit Decibel for a cool underground Sake Bar.


I went to Pinchetaqueria and I thought the tacos were pretty good. It is a little tiny place situated between two custom made shirt stores in NOLITA. Yes, this is what this city has become. I thought that prices of tacos was far too much at 2.75 but it is NYC so what else is one to expect.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, a good post about FOOD :)

6:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home