Food has always been a passion of mine. Please join me as I hit spots around the world in search of great meals.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Funny How Places Change

I took this from my city blog because it had to do with one of my favorite places to eat. I'm sure this has happend to some of you in the food-blog-esphere.

Dinner was great once again, but now we can’t get the Chef’s Special at this place because it has become too damn popular. I don’t know, The General said that if he calls in advance Uki could hook it up for us. I guess the one thing that really makes me sad is that this place is losing its flava. People are starting to find out about the place so they are flocking there and taking away from it’s mom and pop charm. Serious, now the place doesn’t seem like home anymore. I know, I know, how many Sushi places do you go to where you do feel like you are at home. Well this place was able to do that for me. Sure the price of the Sushi is still very inexpensive for the good…nay, the great quality, but I feel rushed there now.

It hurts me to say this because I know this is The General’s sushi spot. He’s followed Uki from uptown to downtown for his sushi. Yet, I think The General even has to concede that we are no longer the special customers we were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home