Food has always been a passion of mine. Please join me as I hit spots around the world in search of great meals.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Getting Back in the Kitchen

What happens when the knives go dull and you can’t find your cooking passion anymore? Where do you look for inspiration? How do you dig it up? I have been having this problem as of late to be honest with you, I’m not sure how it happened or how come I haven’t been in the mood to cook as of late. There are no real answers to be honest; there is only one thing that is left to do in this instance…turn on my Mexican Music.

I don’t know, maybe it’s the home I grew up in or what ever, but there is something that goes hand and hand with music when I cook. Maybe it’s the romance to the music, I don’t know, it just gets me flowing and chopping like a mad man. I can have four pots going at one time, cutting and prepping, and of course tasting all the flavors to see how they are blending. Those who spend time behind the stove know what I am talking about.

Yet, I feel this coming week is going to be a good cooking week for the kid. I will make sure and take some pictures and post here. When I start to heat up the pans again I really do enjoy doing it with Mexican Food on the menu. Thus, be looking for some of that stuff I learned as a kid sitting next to my mom and pops in their restaurant or at home.

Thus, let the cooking begin!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Friendly said...

You closing this one down too, buddy?

By the by, PING!

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Guy said...

Whoa, know all about that crud. The holidays always through me a curve and wear me thin. Starting up again this year has seen some dull spots for sure. Not sure what the deal is.
So far, the only thing that's pulled me out is taking a recipe, any recipe and doing that.

Oh man, I'm hungry. Had some business to take care of and didn't get to lunch. GAR.

Biggles

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home